Tips To Keep Mosquitoes And Other Insects Away From Your Home
You’ve heard that mosquitoes spread deadly diseases and cause a bad smell. Just imagine the horror if you have to sleep or eat in your living room. So how do you keep mosquitoes away from your home?
The importance of mosquito control and home pest-proofing
Mosquitoes are a common nuisance, especially in warm weather. While they may not seem like much of a threat, mosquitoes can spread diseases such as malaria and dengue fever. As well, they can be quite annoying when they fly around your home all day. Similarly, subterranean termites control is also important.
There are a few things you can do to minimize the impact of mosquitoes on your life. First and foremost, make sure to keep your home mosquito-free by using repellent and keeping screens on all open windows. Second, prevent pests from establishing homes in your yard by removing any standing water or debris. Finally, seal any cracks or openings that could let pests in, including around doors and windows.
In addition to using repellent and taking steps to keep pests out of your home, you can also take measures to protect yourself from mosquito bites. Try wearing long sleeves and pants when outdoors, use an effective mosquito net if you’re sleeping in an enclosed area (such as a tent), use air conditioning or fans when outside during peak hours (between 6 pm and 10 am), and avoid being near stagnant water.
How to keep mosquitoes away from your home
There are plenty of ways to keep mosquitoes and other insects away from your home. Here are a few DIY tips. If these tips don’t work, make sure to hire professional mosquito control services to make your home mosquito-free.
- Use a mosquito trap: One way to keep mosquitoes away from your home is to use a mosquito trap. Mosquitoes will land on the tray and get trapped, which can then be disposed of.
- Use citronella candles: Citronella candles work well as repellents because they create a smell that mosquitoes find unpleasant. Place them around your home in areas where you know they frequent, such as outside entrances and windowsills.
- Seal cracks and openings: Make sure all cracks and openings in your home are sealed shut – this includes around doors and windows, as well as around pipes and wires that are accessible to mosquitoes.
- Clean up gutters and downspouts: Clean up gutters and downspouts so rain water doesn’t collect there, which can provide excellent breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Also, make sure flowerpots don’t have rainwater collecting in them – this can also be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Eliminate standing water: Clear any stagnant water from around your home – this includes behind plants, under decks, in rain gutters…you get the idea!
These are a few easy tips you can follow to help keep mosquitoes and other insects away from your home.