Beginner’s Guide To Flow Meter: The Types And How It Works
The concept of measuring things began millennia ago. Ancient people used various tools to help them get the correct measurements of the things they needed to measure. Despite how many years have passed since then, the concept of measuring remains the same. Technology has advanced to the point that every measurement tool, such as a flow meter, is now more accurate than they were thousands of years ago. Plus, most measurement tools, if not all, nowadays are easier to use and understand. If you are unfamiliar with a flow meter, it is a measurement tool used to measure the volume of liquid, gas or mass within a certain period. The flow rate would then be relevant, relating to where and how much flow is occurring within the pipelines. Keep reading to learn more about a flow meter.
Part I: 4 Different Types of Flow Meters
- Mechanical Flow Meter
- Magnetic Flow Meter
- Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Vortex Flow Meter
Part II: The Factors To Consider Before Installing A Flow MeterOnce you have determined what kind of flow meter you need, you have to take note of some factors before installing your chosen flow meter.
- Gas, mass, or liquid flow direction
- Installed on and between straight pipes.
- Calibrate the flow meter before use
- Secure the pipelines to avoid forming bubbles
- Determine the flow meter orientation before installation
- Guarantee what you plan to measure is in a single-phase and not a combination of two elements